Sunday, March 10, 2013

BATHSHEBA Bathed in Grace

I did not enjoy this book at all.

I was intrigued by the title and then even more intrigued by the description as I LOVE Biblical fiction and I really enjoy thinking about the stories behind the women of the Bible so I was really looking forward to getting into this author's mind on these topics.

I found that the short stories in this book read more like a highschool type essay on the subject rather than an engaging piece of writing. The characters lacked compelling depth and instead had odd thought monologues and plot points that didn't seem to make sense or stay consistent with the narratives found in the Bible.

I started with Bathsheba's story and was not engaged enough in it to be able to finish it so I moved on to Leah's story because I have always been intrigued by Leah. But her story really lacked anything which helped me to identify with her character's heartache or provide me with any new thoughts on what her life might really have been like.

I cannot recommend this book for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment